Installer Error 1721 is a rather annoying error that seems to occur with Windows XP users for the most part. This error will pop up when users of XP are trying to remove programs by using the add/remove function in Windows XP.
Installer Error 1721 Symptoms
The Installer Error 1721 will always alert you of itself with a pop up error message when it is taking place. Again, this error will happen when you are attempting to remove a program so the end result will be you not being able to do so, which can lead to a buildup of program useless files eventually leading to a slower computer.
Installer Error 1721 Causes
The Installer Error 1721 is a problem with Windows Installer. This problem can be caused by a program that has files containing a virus or it could be something far less sinister like your computer`s registry being corrupt. Either way, attention needs to be given to the problem so it doesn`t intensify.
Installer Error 1721 Solutions
One of the best ways to fix the Installer Error 1721 problem is by running the System File Checker. If there is a corrupt file with the Windows Installer this should fix it:
- Click, in order, the Start button Run then type cme.exe OK.
- Once prompted, type scf/purgecashe and then press ENTER.
- Once prompted type scf/scannow and then press ENTER.
- Once prompted type EXIT and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
- Restart your computer so changes can go into effect.
Attempt removal of desired program again.