If you notice that whenever you open a web browser or click on it, it redirects you to Onclickads.net. If this is the situation with you then your computer is infected by an adware program. Generally, this adware program gets installed while installing other free software from the internet. These free software do not notify that the other software will be installed and you get adware installed without even your knowledge. These adware programs change your Windows configuration as well as the browser settings. After this, whenever you open a browser or click on any link it will redirect you to Onclickads.net.
The adware is intended to install additional dubious content on your web browsers such as optimization utilities, toolbars, and other products as well, so the publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue. When your computer is infected by adware you will notice that random web page text is converted to a hyperlink, several browser pop-ups which are mostly fake updates, software and advertising banners injected on your web pages.
Now since you are aware that your computer is infected by an adware program, it is vital for you to go for adware removal. Here in this article, we will see the steps to remove the adware programs from the computer. Before starting the process, we recommend you to take a backup of your important data on your computer and make sure to read all the instructions carefully. Since you might need to reboot your computer during the process we recommend you to get the print of the instructions before you start. Keep all the software required downloaded in a folder beforehand.
- Restrict malware programs to interfere with removal process
Before we start the removal process, we need to make sure that these suspicious programs do not interfere with our adware removal process. So before starting the program, install a program like 360 Total Security or Rkill or may be comodo cleaning essentials. There are other similar programs as well. Install one of these and run it. These programs, when started, will automatically search for any processes that are related to adware and other malware programs and stop them.
- Scan your computer with AdwCleaner
AdwCleaner will do a scan for adware programs that are installed on your computer without your knowledge. You can
- Download AdwCleaner from here
- Now close your web browser and Open AdwCleaner
- Click on Scan button on AdwCleaner. This will search for all malicious files and display a list
- Click on Clean button to remove all malicious files.
- AdwCleaner will prompt you to save all the files and document and to reboot the computer. Click OK on the prompt
Your computer will be rebooted. AdwCleaner generates a log file that has details above all programs, files, and registries that were infected and removed. You can review the log file
- Scan Your Computer with AntiMalware
AntiMalware program Zemana will scan your computer for any infections adware that may be still present on your computer.
- Download Zemana Antimalware program from here.
- Close all programs and Install Zemana AntiMalware
- Once Install is complete, Zemana AntiMalware window will open
- Select scan type to Deep Scan and click on Scan button
- Once scanning is complete it will display any malware that is detected
- Review Scan results and clicks Zemana might prompt you to close any open programs, please close them and click ok on prompt
- Zemana will create a System Restore point and then remove the detected malware
- Once the process is complete you will see completed status on Zemana. You can then close Zemana
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
HitmanPro is a powerful software that that can remove adware, malware, bots and other threats. Sometimes even most antivirus software are unable to detect some threats which HitmanPro can detect and remove.
- Download HitmanPro from Below here
- Double-click on HitmanPro.exe to open it
- Click Next, accept license agreement and You can choose to install or do a one-time scan
- Click on Start button to start the scan
- It will display list of infected programs, malware, and adware
- Click Next to remove all programs.
- After removal process is complete, you should see removal result on the screen. Click Next
- If HitmanPro prompts you to reboot, click on Reboot else Close HitmanPro by clicking on Close button
With the above steps followed you problem with Onclickads.net should be gone now. However, if you still see it, just try resetting your browser to default settings and this should fix it.
So next time be sure to install the software that you trust. While installing the software, do not accept default selection and pay close attention to each step. Choose to go for customized selection and make sure you are installing only required and familiar things. This can save you from a lot of troubles, as you know, Prevention is better than cure.